Saturday, January 16, 2010

Screenshots from the Spiral Knights game

As promised here are a few screenshots from the Spiral Knights game.

Here I am laying some smackdown on some wolf characters (this shot shows the full game screen):



A close up of the character screen:



Some chroma lizards feel the bite of my sword:



The entrance to the Adventure Boards, showing other players:



And lastly, the peril of taking screen shots while in a room of hungry jellies (and I'm glad those delicious looking wobble-bodied jellies are still in the game!):



It looks like the game will work on the 'free if you wait for your energy to build up, or pay if you can't wait' model used by so many Facebook games, and that there will be survey offers just like the Facebook games.

The gameplay is fun and simple, and I found it pretty smooth. Oddly I found the multiplayer, where you can play with four other people, even faster than single player. You can play levels solo, but the game makes it easy to play collaboratively, and there are a lot of elements in the game where you have to co-operate to get through (such as buttons that only work when all players stand on them). The characters are almost too cute for words, especially the little whirly helicopter-winged birds that infest the lobby levels. If you're after blood and gore and are afraid of all things 'cute', this game is not for you, but if you want a simple, absorbing and visually pleasing game where you can also run into and play with other people without much hassle, this is your game.

2 comments:

  1. I got an invite... but i didnt get one this time.... when was it open again and when does it close?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if it's going to close - I think this must be 'public beta' because there were some ads on Facebook - but I heard by word of mouth so I don't have all the info. It's open right now! Just click the linky.

    ReplyDelete