Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I love the smell of melted crayons in the morning...

Ahhhh crayons. Remember the neatly curled paper wraps? The slightly greasy-fingered feel after a session of hard-core colouring? The poignant smell of a tin of melted crayons left in the sun too long?

Crayon memories have been percolating to the surface ever since receiving a few crayon colours in the Everything game on Facebook. I remember getting a rocket-shaped plastic tube once, full of
more colours than I'd ever had before! I was fervently proud of my rocket ship of Crayons, and I still remember how monumentally pissed off I was when one of my neighbour playmates dropped it during a shared colouring binge, breaking the case and snapping some of the precious little nubs of colour. Lucky none of the purple ones were broken or it would have been WAR!

Anyway, if you remember Crayons too, check out this article about the shift in crayon colours over time at Weather Sealed. It includes this awesome chart.

I want a huge print out of that on my wall, stat!

No comments:

Post a Comment