Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So do you only make skins in Minecraft?

Well, no! I love to build, and I've made a few things in both singleplayer and multiplayer, as well as messing around with textures (as you may notice in a few of the following screenshots)...
Here is a project I entitled "Giant hole in the ground". This was in singleplayer without mods of any kind, and while I didn't quite make it to bedrock I had a good go at it.

This is my first multiplayer project, built on the ausmining.net server - it's a slightly asiatic landowners mansion, built over four levels (including the basement).

Here is the open plan ground floor of the mansion - showing the lovely exposed beams!

Here is the view of the rest of town from the roof - most of the other buildings shown here were built by other members of my town (if fog was turned off you would see Michael's massive reed
I'm jealous of the benchspace in the kitchen of my Minecraft mansion - if only my apartment had this much benchspace (and a dishwasher!)

The rest of the mansion is pretty much finished - the top floor bedrooms needed furnishing, but the kitchen, bathroom, conservatory, billards room, forge/furnace and throne room were all done. I was also working on fencing off the property and landscaping the area around the mansion into a kind of Japanese garden (sand/rock features, gravel paths, and ponds and waterfalls lit from below with glowstone). If nobody kills the map I may just get it done!

4 comments:

  1. Also, I cannot get onto the server. Is it still down from the DDOS? I don't care if I have bad ping, I need a server D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, it shouldn't be down... I'm actually trying to join a whitelisted server atm that is more builder-oriented (ie they backup their map, and maps stay up for years/months rather than until people get a bit bored of it) but the entry requirements are kinda stricts so it's going to take me a little while :/
    maybe they didn't update the server details - it's join.ausmining.net:22222 - I'm in there now so it's working.

    ReplyDelete